No more spending up to $70 a kilo for Granola. It only takes 20 minutes to create a guilt - free, refined sugar free highly affordable granola the entire family can enjoy. A few basic, wholesome ingredients provide a low GI, low Glycaemic Load, wholesome nutrition to feed each and every cell in the body as well as provide long lasting energy.
Gorgeous Granola - Wheat free, dairy free, refined sugar free
2 cups wholegrain oats
¾ cup shredded coconut
½ tsp Celtic salt/sea salt/Himalayan rock salt
2 tsp cinnamon powder
¼ cup coconut oil, melted on stove
1 – 2 tbsp organic raw honey
¼ cup sunflower seeds
2/3 cup chopped almonds OR chopped walnuts OR chopped macadamia nuts
- Mix all dry ingredients except nuts and seeds
- Add coconut oil and honey
- Cover a large baking tray with baking paper
- Scatter mixture onto baking tray evenly and cook in oven, 180° (or 160° for fan forced ovens) for about 15 -20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes
- With 5 minutes to go, add nuts and seeds, mix well and return to oven for the last 5 minutes of cooking
Serve with a generous serve of your favourite berries along with hot or cold coconut milk, rice milk, almond milk or oat milk.
This gorgeous ‘Gran Oh La La’ also tastes fabulous with coconut yoghurt.
- Please note: adding fresh berries will increase this delicious breakfast’s antioxidant value. Adding stewed prunes, stewed figs or stewed apple can also compliment this recipe and increase the fibre and micronutrient content.