Short for time in the mornings? It only takes 5 minutes to create cafe - quality Bircher Muesli your taste buds will go crazy for. Prepare ahead the night before and keep stored in the fridge for a quick yet nutritious breakfast which will help kick start the day and provide a slow release of energy throughout the entire morning (as a Low GL breakfast). Taking a small container to work will help get through those mid morning or late afternoon energy slumps.
Maya’s KIS Bircher Muesli
2 cups of traditional rolled oats
400 mls of water
4 tsp of sunflower seeds
4 tsp of slivered almonds
4 tsp of organic sultanas
1 tsp of cinnamon or nutmeg
8 tsp of honey
- 1 tbsp (per serve) of fresh yoghurt
- 1 tbsp (per serve) of blueberries or raspberries
- ½ green apple (per serve), grated
- In a bowl, mix rolled oats, water, sunflower seeds, slivered almonds, sultanas, cinnamon (or nutmeg) and honey.
- Seal the bowl with cling wrap or lid, place in the fridge and let soak overnight.
- Spoon mixture onto plate and serve for breakfast.
Add a tablespoon of yoghurt, or sprinkle with blueberries with a drizzle of honey or grated apple on top.
These ingredients can be added to the Bircher muesli AFTER it has been soaking in the fridge overnight as it is served at breakfast time.
Please note: this delicious Bircher Muesli Can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.